Training Program Overview
The following principles are essential to the success of our program.
- Safety, survival and service delivery are the primary outcomes of every training.
- Training is user centered and easy to use. Training must make us; Better, Faster, Safer and Smarter.
- Performance measures are identified and attainable within the resources and established procedures of the department.
- Achievement of the mission will be met through the development of programs that are:
- Performance based
- Member involved
- Constant improvement of the individual, company, station, shift/battalion and department drive the delivery of all training.
- Training will serve a purpose and every training minute must matter.
- Every detail is important and no corner will be cut.
- Everyone is empowered to STOP training that is judged unsafe or when understanding of the expectations of the instructor are unclear.
- Minimum is never acceptable. We cannot train to “just get by”.
- Accountability and professionalism in all actions and details.
Don’t Train Until You Get It Right, Train Until You Can’t Get It Wrong.